Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tracking strangeness and tracking on pipeline

I hadn't noticed this earlier but there are tracking options that you can set at the pipeline level. I was running into an issue in BizTalk for a HTTP send port that I wanted to track message bodies in. Even though I had checked all the check boxes in the tracking tab of the HTTP send port, it wasn't tracking at all. After some digging around, I discovered that the PassThruTransmit and PassThruReceive pipelines in my BizTalk installation had Tracking disabled. I enabled Tracking events on this pipeline and voila, my send ports started working again. 

Now the question is, does setting tracking in the pipeline mean that all send ports/receive locations that use that pipeline will automatically be tracked or does this mean that I can still disable tracking at the individual send port/receive port level.

No comments:

Post a Comment