Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reserved words as field names in schema

I learnt my lesson on using reserved words in schemas today. I had a canonical schema that had two root nodes – request and response. The namespace for my schema was something like http://Narayan.Blog.ProcessingInstruction so naturally, I called the request, “request” and the response “response”.

SchemaWithReservedWords

The compiler didn’t like that. I got a bunch of errors none of which made it very clear that I was using a reserved word as seen below.ReservedWordErrors

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as I changed the field names to “processrequest” and “processresponse” the errors went away. Lesson learnt. I’ll be looking around to see if there’s a list of reserved words published anywhere. Lesson learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment